Bushcraft Matilda Backpack-Nylon Helikon-tex Backpack
- Carrying handle
- Reinforced in key points (e.g. main chamber and bottom of pockets)
- Rear reinforcements
- Convenient transport system
- Ergonomic and comfortable shoulder straps
- MOLLE / PALS panels for attaching the additional baby carrier
- Side compression bands
- Two flap pockets with zipper: outside and inside in mesh
- Velcro loop panel for customization on the flap
- Double adjustment of the main chamber with laces
- MOLLE / PALS attachment points inside for inserts or modular envelopes
- Compatible with camelback hydration-support systems
- Three external pockets with buckle and sleeves with drawstring
- Detachable adjustable citura
- YKK zippers
- size 35 liters
Waltzing Matilda is an unofficial anthem from Australia. It’s not about dancing a girl, though – the Matilda in question is a heavy backpack, and the waltz is not about going around the ballroom, but about lifting the damn thing through the outback. Bushcraft means wandering inland and getting kicked out of the open air. To fully enjoy the outback, you have to go back away from civilization. To get there – and we hope to go back – you need a lot of things. So, you need a Matilda to pack everything. ALICE is one of the time-established backpack lines, which enjoys worldwide popularity. And so, we went this way too, keeping the same functionality by eliminating the features that proved redundant.
Each pocket has a drawstring sleeve to protect contents from spilling. The pockets are sewn at the corners, leaving a central channel capable of carrying eg. a small ax through. The main flap has two flat internal pockets for carrying small items. Under the flap there is a flat mesh pocket with a zipper. The flap is secured with two buckles.
Additional MOLLE / PALS bags can be added in various places: on the sides, in the front and inside, using a special panel. Two compression straps are mounted on the sides which can also be used for carrying foam camping mats, with two more on the bottom. To reduce weight we have combined Cordura® 500D with Nylon 210D. It ensures durability in key points, while still allowing for a lighter weight. The backpack is closed by a flap with two buckles. The carrying system is based on the back in reinforced plastic with breathable mesh pads and anatomic straps. Also included is a large detachable belt, with PALS attachment points.